- Toxic pollution resulting from organic waste dumped in landfills. These materials rot, producing methane and other harmful greenhouse gases
- Increased demand for greener sources of renewable energy as fossil fuel resources dwindle and environmental protection becomes more urgent
- Growing awareness of organic food production and sustainable farming as consumers demand greater transparency about the food they eat
Although these trends manifest at the global level, we believe in the power of local, community based solutions in addressing these challenges. We don’t have to wait for new ideas from international leaders – communities across the planet have already begun implementing their own grassroots strategies.
This localized activism forms the foundation of Re-Nuble’s Green Back Approach™ to sustainability.
Re-Nuble’s Green Back Approach™
Building upon the basic principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle, we’ve developed a closed-loop system that repurposes organic waste (food scraps, yard trimmings, etc.) into environmentally safe fertilizer and clean, renewable energy.
The net result from recycling organic waste is decreased pollution, healthier food, reduced resource consumption, and a more livable world for us all.
Operating primarily in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, Re-Nuble partners with a broad range of stakeholders to fulfill its mission of building a greener community and more sustainable planet. Our partners include:
- Eating establishments and food producers that send us their pre-sorted organic waste rather than dumping these food scraps in landfills to ferment and produce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Sustainable farmers, gardeners, and landscapers who increasingly realize the many advantages of using organic fertilizers over toxic petrochemicals.
- Utility companies that are eager to cut costs and explore environmentally friendly sources of green energy to power the communities they serve.
- People like you, who believe that local solutions can combat global problems. Not only do you help create the demand that fuels our transition to a greener world, but you also help marshal community resources for making this transition possible.
Join Us on This Exciting Journey
The revolution has already begun. But it’s never too late to join us on this exciting journey. Because we all benefit from a greener planet, the process of building a better future is inclusive by its very nature.
We all eat food and produce waste. We all live in communities. And most important, we all want a cleaner planet.
Contact us today to learn how you can get involved.