Our continued reliance on fossil fuel-based fertilizers is the very definition of unsustainable. Not only are oil and gas reserves limited, but they also release harmful toxins into the environment, making our air, water, and soil increasingly unhealthy.
But these are not the only drawback of inorganic fertilizers:
- America spends $5 billion a year on fossil fuel-derived fertilizers, 80% of which are imported.
- Fertilizers derived from fossil fuels release greenhouse gases 300 times more harmful than C02.
- Petro-fertilizers are also a major contributor to Dead Zones in the ocean.
- Increase drought resistance
- Boost soil structure and health
- Reduce the need for supplemental water
- Control pests, reducing the need for chemicals
- Grow healthier, more nutritious crops and plants
- Prevent many common plant diseases
- Enjoy higher crop yields, lessening the need to clear more land
- Restore soils contaminated by hazardous waste and chemicals
- Remove oil, grease, heavy metals, and solids from storm runoff
- Improve soil aeration and water retention
Our competitively priced fertilizers will soon be available at most area nurseries and farming supply stores. You’ll also be able to purchase them from us directly.
- To learn more about organic composting, click here.
- To pre-order Re-Nuble’s organic fertilizer, contact us directly.