By Tinia Pina
Re-Nuble is pleased to partner with Food Marketing Institute's (FMI)/GMA Global Sustainability Summit to showcase new approaches for preventing or recycling food waste or recovering food for those in need to exhibit at the Food Waste Innovation Zone at the 2016 Global Sustainability Summit.
What is the Food Waste Innovation Zone? The Food Waste Innovation Zone consists of tabletop displays exclusively designated to showcase companies with the following objectives:
- Prevent food waste before it starts - such as innovations to prolong the storage life of food; improve processing and distributional efficiencies; and create new products from culls.
- Recover wholesome, excess food to feed people – such as innovative systems for connecting excess food with people who need it and measuring the value of food donations.
- Recycle food scraps to keep it out of landfills – such as innovations to connect food waste generators with recyclers and to create animal feed, compost, and energy.
Re-Nuble was competitively selected to compete in the Food Waste Start-Up Challenge. The top innovators have been chosen by a panel of judges from FMI and GMA to compete in a business plan-pitch style event following the opening keynote address.
This year's participants include:
- California Safe Soil
- Foodfully, Inc.
- Full Cycle Bioplastics
- Labels4Good.org / Strategia Design
- Patriot Organics
- Spoiler Alert
In the Start-Up Challenge, Re-Nuble will be given three minutes to make our pitch to a panel of experts and the full conference audience, followed by a few minutes of questions from the expert panel. The audience will choose the winning innovation and the winner will receive.
- $5,000 prize, sponsored by Mondelez International
- 1 complimentary registration to the 2017 Global Sustainability Summit
- 2 night’s hotel accommodations at the 2017 Global Sustainability Summit
We are incredibly excited and thankful for this opportunity to obtain feedback from potential industry partners and sustainability experts eager to help propel the food waste reduction, diversion, and elimination efforts across the U.S. We hope to have an opportunity to meet everyone at the conference and encourage conference attendees to visit us at our exhibit table in the Food Waste Innovation Zone.